Play golf young and enjoy a lifetime of fun with family and friends!
Golf is a game that challenges your mind as much as your body
Golf builds life skills such as honesty and integrity
Golf will teach you sportmanship and etiquette
Golf is a fun family sport for all ages
2023 Junior Program
- 2023 SSI Junior Golf Program is on track for a great season. Salt Spring Island Golf Club will be a Program Location for First Tee Canada offering multiple opportunities for members and public kids to learn the game of golf. If you are not familiar with the First Tee Youth Program please visit their website firstteebc.ca The Core Inn Community Centre has also signed up as a Community partner for the First Tee Program.
- First Tee Golf Coaching sessions will be announced in April for the spring 2023 sessions. At First Tee — British Columbia, we’re empowering kids and teens through the game of golf. We are also excited to announce the Junior Disc Golf Program will continue for 2023. With a SSI Junior Golf Membership your Junior has access to the Golf and Disc Golf courses (Ages 7-18). Junior members receive 1 complementary bucket of range balls every day they come to practice.
- With a Junior Golf Membership, juniors with course experience are eligible to enter Junior Tournaments. Juniors members enjoy the benefits of monies from our Junior Fund, where applicable. They also get preferred access to Wednesday Junior Nights and PJ Friday Nights. For pricing and policies check our website under the https://lightspeedweb.site/saltspringgolf Golf tab, click rates tab and Junior tab. The junior program will pay for the 1st year of Golf Canada membership in order for the junior member to develop a handicap. This can be used in tournaments and to track player progression. Every subsequent year, Golf Canada membership will be payable by the junior to keep this current.
- The Country Grocery SAVE-A-TAPE program continues to be regular source of monies for our Junior Funds. We have changed the name on the box to reflect our new Junior Disc Golf Program, with a % of that money allocated to the Disc Golf Junior Fund. These funds help our junior membership with expense when attending off island tournaments, food for Junior Nights and many other aspects of Junior Golf and Junior Disc Golf. You can also donate directly to the Junior Golf or Junior Disc Golf Programs in the Pro Shop.
- Every Wednesday Night 4pm – 6pm, starting June 7 – August 23, 2023, is Junior Golf Night at the Club, members and non member aged 7 -18, meet at the Club House and enjoy the game of golf with family and friend. Preregistration for every Wednesday is required, with your Junior Membership, your junior will receive preferred access to Wednesday Junior Nights. Nonmembers will pay a $12 Drop in rate, while members attend for free. We hope to be able to continue to offer complementary Hot Dogs and Chips after our Golf. • Numbers will be limited, so early sign-up is recommended. https://site.booxi.com/saltspringislandgolfclub
- We hope to offer a special session for ages 5 -6. For more information email: [email protected]
- PJ FRIDAY NIGHT (Parent/Partner-Junior night) On Friday nights June 9 – August 25th we will have set tee times, starting at 4pm, for a parent/partner and a Junior Member. Only 1 membership is required for both to golf without green fees. With a weekly on-line sign up, through the Pro Shop. Preregistration is required.https://site.booxi.com/saltspringislandgolfclub
- High school age Juniors of any gender have the ability to tryout and play for the high school golf team that the Salt Spring Island Golf Club and the Junior Program supports for practice and training. The season for this is From April to June and registrations are taken through Lyall Ruehlen at the high school. Cam Fergusson will be helping coach this group to prepare players in their golf skills and development for the season.
- Cam Fergusson and others will be offering Junior Group lesson throughout the season as part of his Golf Lesson Programs. These will tend to run on Thurs or Fridays and offer a more dedicated and in depth training for those juniors who want to accelerate their learning of the game through the 2023 season. Booxi will have these sessions available for pre-booking so check on Https://site.booxi.com/saltspringislandgolfclubfor our regular postings or email [email protected] to contact Cam for bookings and future offerings.
For more information email: [email protected]
We offer private Junior one on one and group lessons for beginner and developing juniors from Cam Ferguson on our teaching staff. See more information under the instruction page of this website.
- Junior golf lessons and Group Lesson rates are also available through our “Book a Lesson” button or by visiting https://site.booxi.com/saltspringislandgolfclub
Junior Golf Every Wednesday
Junior Golf starts at 4:00 pm Wednesdays, starting June 7 -Aug. 23, 2023. We offer an upbeat, fun coaching program with a fresh learning curve for juniors. Come and gather with family and friends for an introduction to golf.
Coaching will include the fundamentals of the golf swing, from shorter shots to long drives. The lessons will also cover golf rules, etiquette, learning how to enjoy the game and getting ready to get out onto the golf course! Upon arrival, sign in and start your warm up.
Coaching will include practice time on the driving range, putting green and time on the course. If able, Juniors will stay and enjoy hot dogs and drinks supplied by the Junior Golf Program after the lesson time. Parents are invited and encouraged to participate in Junior night. Juniors will be ready for home by 6:00pm.
Rules and helpful tips
We have no strict dress code, smart casual is all we ask. No tank tops or low cut tops. No short shorts or cut-offs.
Soft spiked golf shoes, runners or tennis shoes are appropriate footwear.
Salt Spring Junior Golf shirts will be available to the Junior membership.
In warm sunny weather wear a hat, sunscreen and bring water to stay hydrated.
Golf clubs for Juniors
If your junior is in need of golf clubs, our pro shop sells both new and used clubs at excellent prices. Come get clubs fitted by staff so they can get going with the right equipment to have a good time.
If purchasing clubs is not a good option at this time, our junior program will have clubs available, free of charge, for use on our junior program days. Please check at the Pro Shop for more information as an appointment is recommended.
Salt Spring Island Golf Club Junior Policies
Children of any age with an established handicap or children 12 years of age and over, with an understanding of the Rules and Etiquette of the game of golf and are able to keep pace with the field, may play a round of golf accompanied by an adult at any time, or unaccompanied after 3pm.
Children 11 years of age and under without an established handicap may play after 3pm and must be accompanied by an adult (unless within the confines of the Junior Program).
Children 12 years of age and over may caddie for an adult
Non-playing children 5 years of age and under are not allowed on the course as spectators unless under a member adult’s supervision with the appropriate waiver signed and adhered to at all times.
Golf Cart Policy
Children under the age of 16 may not drive or rent a golf cart anywhere on the golf course property
Waiver to be signed by those bringing children under the age of 12 – Waiver for Children on Golf Course